|Location||Second floor, Academic Building-01|
|Department||Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering|
|Telephone / Cellphone||+8801916034310
|Visit my Twitter profile|
|Visit my LinkedIn profile|
|ResearchGate.||Visit my ResearchGate profile|
|Google Scholar||Visit my Google Scholar profile|
|Academia||Visit my Academia profile|
|Blog Address||Visit my Blog|
Here PolymerChemistry, Nanochemistrty, Nanotechnology, Nanobitechnology, biomaterials, bio-inspired materials; surface modification, surface characterisation, cell-material interactions, Tissue Engineering, Solar Energy, Energy Storage Materials, Waste Water Treatmentwrite about your Activites.....
1.Advance Polymer Science and Polymer Characteristics
Number of Graduate Thesis Projects Supervision: 3
1.Fundamental of Technological Processes
2.Introduction to Chemical Engineering
4. Analytical Chemistry
5.Industrial Economics, Psychology & Management
6. Environmental Chemistry
Number of Undergraduate Thesis Projects Supervision: 25
1.Assistant Student Advisor since May 05, 2015
2.Chairman(Acting) in the Department of Statistics from March 09, 2017 to April 23, 2018.
I have been working as an Assistant Professor since May 26, 2015. My research profile lies at the interface of biomaterial science, life sciences, and engineering. I am particularly interested in the design of bionanocomposite materials for relevant clinical applications, e.g. in the context of fabricating and testing biocomposite materials to study the biocompatibility with human body to repair bone tissue. I joined as a lecturer at Noakahli Science and Technology University in May 26, 2013. During my working as a Lecturer, I did research on wastewater treatment. In connection to this, I applied nanotechnology to treat water as well as wastewater. Prior to joining the Noakhali Science and Technology University, I joined as a Scientific Officer in Drug & Toxins Lab as well as Polymer Chemistry Lab at Bangladesh Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (BCSIR). Before doing scientific works, I did M.S. thesis work in the Institute of Polymer & Radiation Technology. I completed my undergraduate studies in Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering ( University of Dhaka, Bangladesh) and gained my M.S. in the same department, under the supervision of Professor Dr. Mohammes Mizanur Rahman (University of Dhaka, Bangladesh), where he investigated the effect of reinforcement of nanomaterials into biopolymer composite, morphology and the effect of bacteria in the biocomposite. . I achieved Dean's Award in recognition of my excellent academic and overall performance in B.Sc. In Bangladesh,I was shortlisted for National Science & Technology (NST) Fellowship and was successful in securing funding from Ministry of Science & Technology, in collaboration with Professor Dr.Mohammed Mizanur Rahman, University of Dhaka, towards the manufacture of medical devices that are resistant to microbial colonization. I have authored 6 research papers and 1 conference paper (h-index: 2).
1. I have completed both of my M.S. and B.Sc. from the Department of Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering at the University of Dhaka in 2009 and 2008 respectively.
2. I passed S.S.C ( Secondary School Certificate) and H.S.C ( Higher Secondary School Certificate) examinations in Science at Mohakhali Model High School in 2002 and Govt. Science College in 2004 respectively.
1. I have been working as an Assistant Professor in the dept. of Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering since May 26, 2015.
2. I worked as a Lecturer in the same department from May 26, 2013, to May 25, 2015.
3. I worked as a Scientific Officer in a renowned research organization named BCSIR ( Bangladesh Council of Scientific & Industrial Research) from February 10, 2013, to May 25, 2013.
Teach on different undergraduate courses. Courses are listed below-
1. Chemical Engineering-3rd semester
2.Fundamental Of Technological Processes-3rd semester
3. Corrosin Engineering-5th semester
4.Industrial Economics, Psychology & Management-6th semester
5.Environmental Chemistry-7th semester
6.Chemical Technology-7th semester
7. Instrumental Methods of Analysis- 4th semester
Teach on different Graduate courses which are listed below-
1. Biodegradable Polymers
2.Energy Coversion Engineering & Environment
3. Advanced Polymer Science and Polymer Characteristics
Design of bio-inspired multifunctional materials with non-fouling/antimicrobial properties for a number of applications. Surface chemical and topological modifications Surface engineering; patterning polymers at the nanoscale to control bacterial and cellular responses for medical device applications, in collaboration with the Centre for Polymer Research Laboratory (PRL) at Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission(BAEC). Incorporation of nanopolymer into biomaterials to study the biocompatibility of the nanopolymer reinforced biomaterial composite with tissue of the human body.
1.Research Associate in a scientific project entitled “Method development for the removal of toxic heavy metals (Chromium, Lead) from tannery wastes for public health safety” from the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of Bangladesh during my working as an Assistant Professor.Fiscal Year:2017-2018 (Current)
2.Research Associate in a scientific project entitled “Method development for the removal of toxic heavy metals (Chromium, Lead) from tannery wastes for public health safety” from the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of Bangladesh during my working as an Assistant Professor.Fiscal Year:2016-2017
3.Research Associate in a scientific project entitled “Environmentally Benign Synthesis of Nanocomposite Particles and their applications in waste water treatment” from the Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of Bangladesh during my working as a Lecturer.Fiscal Year:2015-2016
1. My department has a good research collaboration with Bangladesh Council of Scientific & Industrial Research(BCSIR) and Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission(BAEC).
2. There is a research link with Centre for Advanced Research in Sciences(CARS) in University of Dhaka, the topmost university of Bangladesh.
3. Research Advisor Dr. Mohammed Mizanur Rahman, Professor, Dept. of Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000.
1. Study on the Frequency and Temperature Dependent Electrical Properties of MnO and PbO Doped ZnO Nanoceramics
Mobarak H, Paul SC, Islam MS*, Akter S and Sohag K
J Adv Chem Eng 2018, 8:1 DOI: 10.4172/2090-4568.1000183
2. Fabrication and Characterization of Carbon Black and Phenol Formaldehyde Composites
Jakir Hossain, Mohammad Saiful Alam, Shujit Chandra Paul and Shafiul Islam*
Ind Chem 2018, 4:1 DOI:10.4172/2469-9764.1000127
3.Fabrication and Characterization of Differently Laminated Jute Mat-PVC Composites
Muhammed Yusuf Miah, Shovon Bhattacharjee, Ayesha Begum, Shukanta Bhowmik, Md. Shafiul Islam, Abdul Gafur, Md. Sydul Islam
MAYFEB Journal of Materials Science - ISSN 2371-8722 Vol 1 (2017) - Pages 28-40
4.Evaluation of amino acid profile of jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus) seed and its utilization for development of protein enriched supplementary food.
Muhammed Yusuf Miah, Shovon Bhattacharjee, Abida Sultana, Shukanta Bhowmik, Ashish Kumar Sarker, Shujit Chandra Paul, Md. Shafiul Islam, Asaduz Zaman
Journal of Noakhali Science and Technology University (JNSTU), 1(1): 77-84(2017)
5.Evaluation of membrane stabilizing, anthelmintic, antioxidant activity with phytochemical screening of methanolic extract of Neolamarckia cadamba fruits.
Tairin Islam, Abhijit das, Kumar Bishawjit shil, Palash Karmakar*,Shafiul Islam and Mohammad Mafruhi Sattar
JMPR, 9(5), 2015, 151-158
6. Antibacterial activity of polyaniline coated silver nanoparticles synthesized from Piper betle leaves extract.
Md. Mamun Or Rashid*, Md. Shafiul Islam, Md. Azizul Haque, Md. Arifur Rahman, Md. Tanvir Hossain, Md. Abdul Hamid
6907-IJPR (R2), 2014-12-24
7.Preparation and characterisation of cellulose-gelatin nanocomposite isolated from jute for biomedical application
Md. Shafiul Islam, Mohammed Mizanur Rahman*, Md. Abdur Gafur, Ahmad I. Mustafa, Mubarak
MSAIJ, 11(3), 2014, 105-112
8. SYNTHESIS AND 1HNMR SPECTROSCOPIC CHARACTERISATION OF LONG ALKOXY CHAINS BEARING SCHIFF BASE LIGAND
M.B. Islam*, M.S. Islam, M.A. Rabbi, M.M. Rahman, M.J. Islam and M.J. Hossain BRP, 8(3), 2013, 250-259
I am engaged with different public research organizations in Bangladesh such BAEC(Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission) and CSR (Bangladesh Council of Scientific & Industrial Research).